The Law Offices Of Joseph J. Savino, P.A.
Attorney & Counselor at Law
EZ Fiancee Visa
The Freedom to choose a foreign born spouse is truly one of the great privileges of U.S. citizenship.  In a typical recent year, more than 250,000 U.S. citizens will exercise this freedom and submit a visa petition to the United States Citizenship & Immigration Service (""USCIS") requesting that their foreign born fiancee or spouse be granted the right to apply for Lawful Permanent Resident status in the United States.

How Do We Qualify for a Fiancee Visa?

  • The qualifying sponsor must be a U.S. Citizen.
  • Both parties must be legally eligible to wed. This means that both parties are unmarried and if either was previously married, there is proof that the previous marriages have been legally terminated.
  • You must have seen your fiancee in person within the past two years. It is possible to waive this requirement, but only under very specific circumstances.
  • The K-1 fiancee visa is temporary. but once your fiancee enters the U.S. and you are legally wed, your fiancee/spouse has the ability to apply to change his/her status and become a lawful permanent resident.
  • The qualifying sponsor has the right to petition for his/her fiancee's child(ren) (only if unmarried and under the age of 21) to also immigrate under a K-2 visa.
  • The qualifying sponsor must prove he/she can financially support the fiancee in accordance with specific government-regulated requirements (in the past, this specification has been defined as 125% of the poverty line defined by the government).
Once you and your fiancee meet the above mentioned requirements and your petition is filed and approved, your fiancee is free to obtain a visa at the U.S. Embassy of his/her country once a background check, medical exam, and an interview has been completed. Once he/she gains admittance into the U.S., the marriage must occur within 90 days of this date. If 90 days pass before marriage, your fiancee will no longer have legal status to remain in the United States.

How Long Does it Take?:

Obtaining permanent residence in the U.S. is a multi-step process. Many government agencies are involved in the process including: the United States Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS), the Department of State, and U.S. Embassy or Consulate of your fiancee's country. The length of this process depends upon a number variables including the country in which your fiancee will be applying.  However, six months is reasonably typical.

How Much Does it Cost?:

1. Initial Ask-a-Lawyer eConsultation                                                      $39

2. EZ Immigration System Gold (Plus unlimited follow-up eConsultations @ $29/ea)         $199*

3. EZ Immigration System Platinum (Plus unlimited follow-up eConsultations @ $29/ea)  $399*

       *Excludes U.S. government filing fees

Get Started now!

Simply click the "Get Started" tab at the top of this page to begin.

Web Hosting Companies